If you are likely using Instagram to gain profits in your business, the first question that arises is how can you create a good engagement and increase your following. If you are here to understand the marketing basics and quick tips and tricks used to increase your IG engagements on a gradual basis, then welcome to this creative article that will give you a deep insight on how to up your social media skills.
Here are my 5 marketing tips to increase followers and engagements on Instagram:
1.The right use of Hashtags:
Hashtags play a major role on Instagram. The kind of hashtags you use denotes the kind of followers you attract. Make sure you use hashtags that are niche specific. For example, if you own a travel blog, you can go about using hashtags related to travel and tourism. The number of hashtags you use for your posts also creates an impact. Buffer’s team created an analysis of top posts on IG and realized that a post with 10 Hashtag may not really get as many engagement as one with 11.
Even numbers don’t work that well on IG. Try posting 9, 11 or 15 hashtags below your caption.
Quick Tricks for Hashtag:
- Do be specific when using hashtags
- Do cater hashtags to the social network you are using
- Do come up with relevant, unbranded hashtags
- Don’t go too long or too clever
- Don’t have more hashtags than words
- Don’t hashtag everything
2. Hosting Giveaways / Contests:
What’s the best part about being a fun brand on IG? You could host giveaways and contests for your followers to take part in. A simple way to increase engagement is ask for your participants to follow your brand, like the post, and tag n” number of friends in the comment to participate. In this manner, not only are you letting your brand speak but also on the off chance you have a good number of visitors engaging with you. Most likely, they end up following. Offering something for free is another cheesy deal for those that are always on the lookout for extras.
Try hosting contests or giveaways alternatively in a couple months to take your IG Engagements to a whole new level.
3. Working with a brand ambassador:
In one of the posts on Hootsuite on how humanizing your brand adds to the social value of it, The blog speaks about how beneficial it is for you to connect with an ambassador that will endorse your company and its product and services, letting you reach out to a far good number of viewers and IGers.
How are you profited from this? It simply helps you to build and grow your community:
- Humanizing your brand
- Increasing your social reach
- Helping protect your online reputation
- Providing positive word-of-mouth
- Helping increase traffic to your website
- Helping increase awareness of your brand in regions where you’re not present.
4. Find your community:
With over 400 Million IG users, no matter how specific a niche you are based out of, you will surely find your people. Be it fashion, food, travel, social media, blogging, or anything for that matter, you are sure to find consumers that are interested in your brand. Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Top influencers within the community
- Hashtags being used within the community
- The style of photos and subject matter shared by top accounts
- Popular engagement tactics used within the community (i.e. does the audience respond well to question posts? Special offers and contests? Listen and pay attention to what works.)
- Who the top influencers mention and tag in their own posts, and in what context
Sometimes, it’s considered a great strategy to take your online community offline. Hosting on-ground events and letting your followers take over the entire spree will only and only add to your brand’s value. Brands like Hootsuits can get to know their community through Hootups (A free event organized by Hootsuite Users for Social Media Enthusiasts from all around the world)
A brand needs to recognize the power of building their community both ways, online as well as offline by connecting and creating relationship with its consumers. Here’s a quick guide for any brand doing so:
- Tell your story: As a brand you need to spread the word and let others know you exist. At the same time, you also should know the stories of others within your community. “As a small business you want to see other businesses do well, so we went to create these connections and started to collaborate.”
- Make your content shareable so that your community is eager to engage with you and follow along with your story.
- Host offline, in-person events with purpose. Always ask yourself what you are hoping to gain and what you hope your community will gain.
- Ask yourself why you are building a community, and continuously remind yourself of this.
Your brand’s success entirely depends on your community and it’s the community that is core and adds value to your brand. So any time spent in building and fostering the growth of your brand is accounted as a significant asset.
5. Share video:
In 2016, Social Media Marketing gained the best of limelight with the use of Videos. So, if you wish to bring attention to your brand and grow your IG followings, using a video will always be fruitful. As you may know, IG lets your share your stories through post and videos, it has added a new feature of adding stories to your timeline, allowing your community to understand you as a brand on a personal level. This in turn is a smart way to get hold of your community and increase your social engagements alike. Instagram in one of their blogs spoke about how sharing a video brings twice the engagement compared to photographs.
Some tips for creating social media video include:
- Design it to be shareable from the get-go
- Use the power of storytelling
- Make the customer the hero, and engage them
- Tap into your audience’s emotions (which leads to sharing)
Increase your IG engagements over a couple of months with these handy tips and tricks to build and foster your brand’s community and increase your Instagram following altogether.
If you happen to like our posts, don’t forget to give us a thumbs up by clicking on the like button below. Comment below on how you help create a good engagement on IG. Let us know how you treat your brand’s social media levels below.
Don’t forget to share this insight with your colleagues and friends, and also subscribe to our blog for more.